Samuel's Club (Ben has joined !) Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Prune Feet

WARNING: For those sensitive viewers out there, you may want to bypass this entry, as it probably falls under the "Too Much Information" category.


Yes, those are Samuel's feet squishing in recycled prunes. Shortly after the post below, it has now been decided that prunes are NOT our friends, but simply a necessary evil. Those pesky prunes just keep showing back up in the most inconvenient ways and seemingly in greater quantities than originally went in! Samuel was laughing and playing, apparently unconcerned about the situation. Reluctant for what lay ahead (or further up the legs), Mom called her mother who asked "when is Mark getting home? perhaps you could just leave Samuel in the exersaucer for Mark to discover, as though you hadn't noticed". Tempting thought---since Mark missed the spit-up prunes YESTERDAY in Mom's hair, down the back of Mom's top and skirt, in a puddle on the carpet, and he also missed the "prune party" Mom had already cleaned up earlier today (somewhere between the input and the output, they really do seem to multiply)---but Mark wouldn't be home for about 2 hours. (He misses all the fun by going to work everyday.) Trying to postpone the cleanup a little longer, Mom did think to capture the above picture for nagging and blackmail purposes when Samuel is a teenager. It took two baths to get him cleaned up; the clothes and the cloth seat are outside in the rain "pre-rinsing"; and half-a-container of disinfectant wipes later, it seems those prunes are gone for good. I'm sure they're lurking around here somewhere though, multiplying, and just waiting to jump out when it's least expected.....

7 Comments:

  • wow, I can't wait for the fun times we have coming. You have to post some pics of Samuel and Dad in their matching hats...too cute!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 PM  

  • I was a wondering yesterday when I read the other post that said "prunes are our friends". Yeah right. I am soooooo happy to be a working father. I know I missed out on the first steps and the first words but believe you me that just fine since I also got to miss out on the "prunes are our friends". Oh, if I only had a nickel for all of my famous last words. sg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • Three words: Ewww! and So True!!
    Can't wait to see you again.
    -Jessica

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 PM  

  • Wow! That is really disgusting!!! Isn't it amazing the things that you'll do for your child??? Sorry I missed the "hats". That is all Brad has talked about :).

    By Blogger Micah, at 4:49 PM  

  • I'M SPEECHLESS AFTER SEEING THAT!!!
    SAMUEL WILL GET YOU FOR THAT PICTURE ONE DAY!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • Mamaw was telling me about that the other day..and when she came to our house I got on his website for her to see some pictures of him and you had just posted that pic and she was like "ahh !! Rhonda ,,why did you show my poor baby to the world like that?" It was funny ....well im gonna GO now Buh bye
    <3 KaYla

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

  • Samuel,
    You are adorable...prunes and all! You can come and stay with me anytime but I may keep you in the bathtub the whole time! I remember those days but can't say I miss that part of those days. I've got plenty of pics of Alyson, Drew and Katy in their own messes. Love,
    Mrs. Terri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home